We are proud to offer clients Aquatic Therapy in our heated specialty Rehab Pool!!
Aquatic PT has many benefits, such as:
· Decreased stress and loading on the joints due to the buoyancy of the water
· Improved overall activity tolerance
· Improved circulation and pain relief to sore muscles and joints
· Creative use of the water environment to create or reduce the resistance required to exercise
· Fun and relaxing environment to rehabilitate from your condition
Aquatic therapy is physical therapy that takes place in a pool or other aquatic environment under the supervision of a trained healthcare professional. Aquatic therapy is also known as water therapy, aquatic rehabilitation, aqua therapy, pool therapy, therapeutic aquatic exercise or hydrotherapy. In the United States, those who can perform aquatic therapy are legally regulated medical professionals with the correct scope of practice and the ability to use the American Medical Association (AMA) Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes. Aquatic therapy is considered an add-on certification for physical therapists and athletic trainers who often work closely with occupational therapists and exercise physiologists to develop a plan of care for each client.
Common goals of aqua therapy programs include:
Improving balance and coordination
Building muscle strength and endurance
Enhancing aerobic capacity
Assisting with gait and locomotion
Reducing stress and promoting relaxation